Thursday, August 11, 2011

Update on Zayla

The hospital has Facebook blocked, so I'm blogging instead, which should post to my Facebook page as well. Zayla just went back to the surgery. They had us put her in a cute little baby gown, then they listened to her heart and took her temp. Then we gave her some medicine to make her sleepy and relaxed... and boy did it! She was completely stoned! It was hilarious! We started make stoner jokes - it relieved the tension. Then the doctor came in and said hi, and put a little pen mark on her hand. Then the nurse came to get her, and we walked back with her. We handed her over to the nurse, then came out to the car. I haven't cried yet, but I feel like it. I'm just SO nervous! Ben's nervous too, but he's being my rock, and I love him all the more for it. The procedure should take anywhere from 1-2 hours, then they'll page us (they gave us a pager when we checked in, like at a busy restaurant), and take us to her recovery room. I can nurse her right away, as soon as she wakes up. She'll most likely be cranky when she wakes. Once she's fully awake, and we've got the ok, we're free to leave. So, we should be home in time for lunch. I'll blog again once we are in recovery with her, and I'll Facebook once we get home. Thank you to everyone who's praying and sending good thoughts - just keep them coming. More later. Love and hugs. Lynda and Ben

No comments: